UGB 364 Corporate Governance And Ethics
The assignment covers all module learning outcomes.
1. Discuss and critically evaluate key corporate governance and ethics concepts.
2. Evaluate different theoretical perspectives on corporate governance, understand their assumptions about key actors, motives, and control mechanisms.
3. Explore an international comparative perspective of corporate governance, focusing upon the system found in the UK and contrasting this with a range of different corporate governance systems in countries around the world.
4. Construct critical thinking about a range of approaches and options for corporate accountability and ethics requiring the organisation of thoughts, analysis, synthesis and critical appraisal.
Each student selects his/her own company to study (‘Disallowed Company: Enron). Approval of the chosen company is on a first-come, first-served basis, as no more than two students will be allowed to study the same company.
The requirement is that you analyse in depth one company based in any country. It is not a requirement that the company be a UK company. The scope of this analysis is to draw from the material discussed within the module.
A short section setting out Basic Factual Information about the company, such as nature of the business, size, segmental breakdown, brief history, stock market listings etc. (approx. 250 words- 10 Marks)
Corporate Governance: the examination of relationship within the organisation, those involved in the management of the organisation and external stakeholders: The section should include such things as:
1. Internal Corporate Governance Mechanisms: structure, substance and purpose (e.g., board effectiveness, the role of non-executive directors, and remuneration structures)
2. External mechanisms, especially the role of institutional investors.
3. Shareholder and stakeholder perspectives in an ethical context
4. Employees and Ethics (approx. 500 words- 15 Marks)
Evaluate the corporate governance failures and weaknesses that have led to the collapse of the chosen company and the consequences of weak corporate governance. (approx. 750 words- 25 Marks)
Critically evaluate the different responses to corporate governance and the role of government regulations in responding to issues raised by an examination of the ethical issues impacting upon the business organisations that have encouraged corporate governance reform worldwide:
The section should include such things as:
1. Comparative Corporate Governance systems – Europe, USA, Asia
2. Globalisation issues including International corporate governance and comparative analysis
3. Leadership, Values & Managing Ethical Behaviour
4. Ethics & CSR in a Global Context (approx. 1500 words- 50 Marks)
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: