Strategic Business Proposal Plan
There are two assessed elements of the module. These are:
• the strategic project proposal which is worth 25% ( 2500 – 3000 ) of your final mark, and
• the strategic project itself which is worth 75%. ( 12,000 )
Guidance on the strategic project is set out in detail in the on-line workbook. Please read this guidance in detail.
Your initial task is to prepare a strategic project proposal and guidance on what is expected of you is given below.
2.1 What is the strategic project proposal?
The proposal stage of your project is critical. If your proposal is good, the rest of your research will fall into place. The purpose of writing a strategic project proposal is for you to:
• draw together your initial ideas into a workable project outline;
• clarify to yourself and to others that your research plans are feasible;
• prepare the groundwork for gathering the data or material that you need; and
• gain approval to proceed with the project itself.
The project proposal will be between 2,500-3,000 words long excluding references and any appendices.
2.2 The structure of a project proposal
Your project proposal must provide detailed information about what you intend to do and how you will go about it. It must be typed on A4 size paper and contain the following:
• Your contact details and project title
• Purpose of the Project and Reasons for choosing it
• A preliminary literature review – relevant past studies
• Sources of data
• Proposed methodology
• Anticipated problems
• Expected schedule
2.3 Contact details and project title
The first page of your project proposal must contain the following information:
Your name, Banner registration ID Number, email address, phone number where you can be reached during your project work, and the title of your project.
You need a working title for your strategic research. You may improve on the wording later but make sure the title you begin with means something. Project titles should be reasonably short but still convey clearly to the reader the subject matter of your enquiry and that your project has a focus. For example, “Developing an entry strategy for a new business start-up – the case of XYZ company” is more helpful than “Venture Strategies for start-ups” – this is too general, unfeasible and insufficiently focused. Other good examples are:
“How useful are models in the implementation of a change management strategy? Evidence from the xyz company”
“Is Porter’s Five Force model still relevant? Evidence from the oil exploration industry?”
“How can recent developments in intranet technology be used to improve sales performance in XYZ company?”
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: