SITHPAT006 Produce Desserts
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to produce hot, cold and frozen desserts following standard and special dietary recipes. It requires the ability to select, prepare and portion ingredients and to use equipment and a range of cookery methods to make and present desserts.
The unit applies to hospitality and catering organisations that produce and serve desserts, including hotels, restaurants, clubs and patisseries.
It applies to patissiers who usually work under the guidance of more senior chefs.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
What the student can expect to learn by studying this unit of competency
• Select ingredients
• Select, prepare and use equipment.
• Portion and prepare ingredients.
• Produce desserts and sauces.
• Portion, present and store desserts.
Training and assessment resources required for this unit of competency
The student will have access to the following:
· Learner guide
· PowerPoint presentation
· Unit Assessment Pack (UAP)
· Access to other learning materials such as textbooks
The resources required for these assessment tasks also include:
· Access to a computer, the Internet and word-processing system such as MS Word.
· Business related environment area, this can be a:
o an industry workplace
o a simulated industry environment, such as a training kitchen servicing customer.
· Codes of practice and standards issued by government regulators or industry groups.
Yourtrainer/assessor will confirm assessment submission details for each assessment task.
Academic integrity, plagiarism and collusion
Academic Integrity is about the honest presentation of your academic work. It means acknowledging the work of others while developing your own insights, knowledge and ideas.
As a student, youare required to:
• Undertake studies and research responsibly and with honesty and integrity.
• Ensure that academic work is in no way falsified.
• Seek permission to use the work of others, where required.
• Acknowledge the work of others appropriately.
• Take reasonable steps to ensure other students cannot copy or misuse yourwork.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: