SH5051 Self-Directed Development Project
The account is a reflection of your whole journey of development and you should select some key issues to reflect on in depth. There should be a sense of progression in your thinking in respect of your goals. The total word count is 1, 500 excluding your reference list. This component is worth 55% of the overall mark.
Your reflective account should be:
1. Personal – it should written in the first person and engage with your thoughts and feelings as well as engaging with the literature. You should reflect on the whole process of your development – start by revisiting all aspects of the module, exercises undertaken, how you now view your goals, comments made in your reflective diary, general feedback on PDP etc. Identify the areas for deeper reflection that you will include in your account – don’t have too many as you will not be able to get any depth or coherence.
2. Use a model of reflection to help structure your work and to inform the reflective process. (See Weblearn for the session on reflective writing. You can make your own choice of reflective model.)
3. Description and Analysis – Try to balance sufficient and focused description of the areas you select to reflect on with an analysis of your learning. Draw on theory and evidence from your reading. You should include the work of Williams and Whybrow and Covey. See the reading list in the module booklet and in the class materials. The work must be accurately referenced using Harvard.
4. Clarity regarding your learning must be evident and how it informs your future development and progress towards your personal goals.
5. There must be a brief introduction and conclusion to your account.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: