R5080522 Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
You are to choose a research topic for this unit based on the set theme:
Equality and Diversity in the Workplace.
Strong research projects are those with clear, well focused and defined objectives. A central skill in selecting a research objective is the ability to select a suitable and focused research objective. One of the best ways to do this is to put it in the form of a question. Students should engage with their tutors to discuss a variety of topics related to the theme to generate ideas for a good research objective. The range of topics discussed could cover the following:
• Behaviours that support equality and diversity in the workplace
• Managing cultural diversity in the workplace
• Gender equality in leadership and management
• Workplace discrimination
• The work-life balance and enrichment experiences Please bear in mind these are not research topics but ideas from which topics can be formulated.
Guidance on writing the proposal
We do not expect the proposal to be perfect at this stage, nor do we expect you to stick to it very closely as your ideas will almost certainly change once you start to study, but we do expect you to write it as follows;
1. Introduction/ background to the research area (500 words) Title or working title of research project (in the form of a research question or hypothesis) Research aim and objectives State the rationale or reasons for choosing the topic explaining why it is of academic and or practical importance
2. Literature review (800 words) Write a short literature review, indicating the importance of previous related research or investigated literature and how your own research question might make a useful contribution to the area
• Explain and justify your research approach (qualitative, quantitative or mixed approach)
• State and justify your research techniques (interviews, questionnaire, case studies, modelling etc.)
• Explain your suggested data collection method, indicating sources and associated difficulties
• Explain your approach to analysing the data you will collect.
4. Timeline of research activities
• Present an appropriate and realistic table of activities and duration.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: