OCHS11027 Ensure a Safe Workplace
1. Describe the organisation and the industry it operates in. Identify any activities or work environment of the organisation or industry that you consider might require particular attention from a health and safety perspective.
2. What are the occupational health and safety incident/injury/fatality rates of the industry or of relevant occupational aspects of the industry (e.g. high level of musculo-skeletal disorders (MSDs), working at heights, working in confined spaces, etc.)? Access and provide references to statistical data relating to Australian businesses to support your findings.
1. Develop a Table of Contents or alternative format for an OHSMS Manual for the organisation. The Table of Contents should contain a range of elements (main headings) and their components (subheadings) reflecting the ways in which OHS will be organised and managed. Provide a brief statement describing each element as a main heading.
2. Provide an explanation of how the OHSMS operates in terms of its format, content, purposes and functions.
3. Prepare an Implementation Plan outlining only one strategy the organisation has decided to undertake to improve OHS outcomes (i.e. a training initiative, a process for hazard reporting or a new method for conducting inspections). The plan may be presented in the form of a table. Include the following in the plan :
a. The series of steps required to implement the strategy
b. Methods or activities used to consult with others
c. The allocation of key tasks to be undertaken in order to implement the plan, inclusive of dates/time frames
d. A method of tracking the completion of tasks prescribed in the plan.
1. List three sources of information and data existing internally within the organisation that would be relevant for the organisation to use in the management of OHS risks (i.e. name specific reports, registers or records). Explain howinformation and data can be collected, recorded and analysed to assist in managing OHS risks in the organisation.
2. List the benefits to an organisation of having workers’ compensation, return-to-work and injury management integrated into the OHSMS (5%).
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: