MIS 467 Telecommunication and Internet Management
Students will work in groups of 2 students. Students will create a company and its telecommunication requirements. Each student group will present this project to the entire class.
The group project:
Will be 25% of your class grade
Must be on time
Must include everyone on your team
Each person must have a job to do on the team and each person’s job must be stated (verbally or written)
Presentation time should be split equally between team members.
For the project the student groups will:
1. Create a viable and convincing small to medium sized company (20-150 employees)
2. There may be multiple locations
3. Design the telecommunications requirements for the company
4. Focus heavily on the telecommunications needs and not as much on the company itself
5. Present for a minimum of 15 minutes to a maximum of 30 minutes long (if it is less than 15 minutes or more than 30 minutes your grade will be affected)
6. Present using college level presentation materials: This should be a PowerPoint presentation; and could include multimedia presentation, graphic presentations and illustrations of your company and the telecommunications required.
7. You must create some kind of visional representation of the telecommunications designed and used for the company (Visio preferred)
8. Plan for the telecommunications needs including:
a. Functionality of voice needs for the company
b. Functionality of data needs for the company
c. Appropriate Diagrams
d. Connectivity to the Internet
g. Network management
h. Disaster recovery
j. Organizational structure of the organization
k. Other activities as needed or required by the company
9. What industry (Retail, healthcare, research, housing, transportation, insurance, IT development, management, payroll, services)
10. What focus or customers of organization?
11. What size – how many employees?
12. How many locations – how are they connected?
13. What size circuits to Internet?
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: