MGT6211 Business Ethics and Law
“Michael Porter’s shared value theory has been the forefront of corporate social responsibility model. It provides business firms a good linear integration between ethics and competitive advantage. Many firms have applied this model and reaped strategic returns. However, this model is a deficit at its core as it lacks a purposeful ethical content but an illuminating stint of capitalism”.
Critically discuss the statement above.
This question requires students to critically examine and review the acclaimed Porter’s shared value model. Students should read Porter’s work in Harvard Business Review carefully especially on how he drew a connection between CSR and competitive advantage. Porter’s shared valued model provides a simple and yet powerful approach for firms to integrate and linearly apply CSR within their business framework for maximum returns. However, Porter’s VCA model is not flawless. It has often been criticised as lacking an ethical core. Students must exhibit these arguments in their work and outstanding students should propose how Porter’s VCA model can be further improvised to be more effective and morally centred.
Requirements for Submission:
Each question will be mainly evaluated based on the Content of analyzing the questions. Kindly refer to the marking scheme for more clarification.
Adhere to Harvard Referencing.
All academic rules must be abided.
Follow the Format of Cover Page
Late submission will not be accepted under any condition, and if any, will carry a penalty
1. All coursework submitted must include the signed coversheet
2. Students MUST keep a copy of all submitted work for reference purposes prior to the original being handed in and returned. This will provide proof that the work was completed, in the event that the work goes astray.
3. All work must be submitted in the mode instructed by the Module Leader.
4. Work submitted under the student’s ID must only be the work of that student. All information sources must be acknowledged, by providing a reference to the source both within the text and in the form of a reference list and/or bibliography at the end of the submission. Not to do so is plagiarism, which is academic misconduct and will be dealt with as set out in the rules and regulations of INTI University.
5. You should provide your word count at the end of your report or essay. This should exclude your abstract, contents page, reference list and/or bibliography and appendices. You must not exceed the permitted word count by more than 10%. If your work is significantly shorter, you will probably have failed to provide the level of content required.
6. If you submit work after the submission deadline, you will fail in the coursework component.However, the Module Leader may comment on the quality of the work for learning purposes. The only exception to this is if you experience very serious circumstances which prevented you submitting your work on time, in which case you can apply for “extenuation”. For more information, you may refer to your lecturer.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: