MGT3146 International Management and Ethics
Exercise exploring cross cultural management theory and empirical evidence and applying this to the merger of your choosing, that is relatively recent and concerns an international union of contrasting cultures. You will choose your merger, confirm this with the tutor and follow developments over the course of the term. It is essential that you cite the academic and other sources provided to you in the seminar sessions.
On completion of this module the successful student will be able to:
– Use diagnostic tools to critically evaluate how national cultures affect management practices;
– Critically evaluate differences in leadership styles, decision-making processes, negotiation strategies, and communication styles across cultures, and evaluate their suitability in different international contexts
– Be able to use cognitive tools to manage the challenge of international work teams and projects
– Share practical experiences and theoretical knowledge in an eloquent manner
– Discuss and critique results of research and analysis and apply this to a practical critical incident
Clear analysis of the class resources addressing the following topics: Decision Making, Negotiation & Communication, Leadership to provide culturally intelligent advice. The student understands the practical implications for managers using class reading and he/she found practical examples from, for example, other brands or mergers, to illustrate the key message.
Hofstede’s analysis includes graph and is kept brief and the student includes a few sentences of the limits of this tool to avoid sophisticated stereotyping at an individual level. Definitions of dimensions may be put in an Appendix. Student refers back to the chosen intercultural interaction.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: