MGMT-1196 HR Mentorship Foundations
To learn how to dress and dine like a business professional. Whether face-to-face or virtually, Human Resources professionals need to be prepared to dress appropriately for the situation. If invited to a business meeting such as a luncheon or networking event, Human Resources professionals need to practice basic etiquette skills.
Create a PowerPoint presentation. You can assume you will deliver this presentation to all new Human Resources recruits that join your HR department in the future.
Preparation For This Assignment:
Research dining etiquette and dressing for success. Dedicate one slide to answer each of the questions below. In addition to creating the slides, create “presenter notes” for each slide which is a script for the presenter to read to their audience as they present each slide.
Topics You Will Cover In Your PowerPoint Presentation:
1. Explain Formal Dress at work and provide examples.
2. Explain Business Casual Dress at work and provide examples.
3. Proper footwear when touring a manufacturing plant.
4. Clothing to avoid at work.
5. Explain how to dress for a job interview.
6. Appropriate conversation topics for a work-related lunch/dinner.
Show A Photo Of A Formal Dinner Place Setting And Explain What Each Utensil Is For.
1. Provide a list of general dining etiquette.
2. Rules for toasts and toasting.
3. Behaviour to avoid at the table.
1. Include a slide that serves as your cover page
2. Include a slide that serves as your reference page
3. Be creative. Use items such as PowerPoint Designs, Animations and Transitions to add to the visual appearance and appeal of your presentation.
4. Do notinclude “voice recordings” in this assignment
5. Do notsimply copy and paste information from the internet to your PowerPoint presentation.
Ensure you include a citation on each slide referencing where your research comes from (in addition to a reference page at the end of your presentation). Cite all research using APA format. In addition, read the articles included in Week 9 and Week 10 of MGMT 1196.
a. The Dining and Dressing for Success Assignment is due by Friday at 11:59 PM – Week 10.
b. Your PowerPoint presentation must be uploaded to Submission Folder #2in MGMT 1196.
Grading For This Assignment:
This assignment is worth 4% of your final grade in MGMT 1196. Please note this is an experiential assignment and the grades are based on the following:
2 Marks – Completes the Dining and Dressing for Success Assignment on time.
2 Marks – Creates a professional, informative, and appealing PowerPoint Presentation.
2 Marks – Each slide includes presenter notes and citations.
2 Marks – The presentation clearly explains etiquette and how to dine for success.
2 Marks – The presentation clearly demonstrates how to dress for success.
Total of 10 Marks
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: