MBA652 Strategy and Leadership in Tourism and Hospitality
Individually, you are required to prepare a Australia’s Tourism 2030 Strategy proposal by critically reflecting on the three pre-recorded interviews from the industry leaders in the tourism and hospitality industry.
The purpose of this individual assessment is to give students an opportunity to in part demonstrate their skills in critical leadership, problem-solving and reflective learning relating to the tourism and hospitality industry by analysing and selecting the most appropriate contemporary leadership practices for the tourism and hospitality industries.
Presume that you have been recently tasked to develop Australia’s next national long-term tourism strategy – Tourism 2030, with a focus on the issue of industry resilience. As part of your preparation for this task, you are required to watch the three pre-recorded interviews from the current industry leaders who provided their insights into underpinning challenges of managing and leading tourism and hospitality workforce in the times of adversity and crisis. The information presented in these interviews will serve as the starting point for developing Australia’s next national long-term tourism strategy.
1. Interview with Stuart Riddell
2. Interview with Ralf Brueger
3. Interview with Alessandra Damant
Based on the key takeaways from these interviews, you are then required to prepare a proposal of the Tourism 2030 strategy. More specifically, your proposal must include the following sections:
• A 1-page long executive summary that comprehensively covers all of the significant report findings (not included in the word limit).
• Critical analysis of the current strategic and leadership risks that the Australian tourism and hospitality industry is facing as the result of the recent bushfires and COVID-19 pandemic.
• Critical evaluation of innovative business strategies that tourism and hospitality providers across the globe are currently deploying in an attempt to restart the tourism and hospitality industry.
• Critical appraisal of the key sustainability indicators that the industry must focus on to ensure preCOVID-19 issues such as overtourism are not going to be repeated.
• Develop an outline of the tourism 2030 strategy by creating a vision, mission and strategic long term goals by drawing on the strategic corporate governance frameworks that outline how destination management organisations should be managed and controlled moving forward.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: