Managing Diverse Workplaces
Identify, critically reflect on, and discuss the benefits and challenges of cultural
diversity to a modern organisation. Explain how it is relevant to operating in
today’s business environment and how it can help organisations maximize value
• When doing so, focus on the big picture environment and identify and discuss at
least two business challenges where cultural diversity is or may become
• As illustrations, provide an example you have encountered within your own
organisation or an organisation you were employed in that demonstrates the
influence of these two challenges on the business. Alternatively, you may choose
an example you have noticed through stories in the media or you may choose to
provide an example of how cultural diversity is going to be influential in the
development of your own venture.
• Whatever the example you decide to provide, it is important that it clearly
illustrates the challenges you identified.
Within this first part of your essay you will be expected to:
• Clearly explain two business challenges where cultural diversity is or could be a
significant factor, which have been covered in the unit;
• Discuss how your examples demonstrate these business challenges.
• Explain how you as a manager would be able to turn these challenges into
opportunities for value creation for an organisation.
Based on your findings in Task 1, you are required to develop a business case for cultural diversity for
your chosen organisation.
This requires you to identify the level of diversity management development of your organisation. From
there you are required to
identify and clearly explain which organisational factors are most relevant to your organisation and
identify and justify the
most appropriate strategy that you believe would motivate and create value for the organisation.
Within this second part of your essay, you will be expected to:
• Clearly identify at which level of diversity management development you think
your organisation operates and provide a justification of this by providing an
example of specific organisational behaviour/characteristics.
• Clearly identify and explain which organisational factors are most useful for you
in articulating the business case for your organisation.
• Identify and justify the most appropriate strategy that you believe would create
value for the organisation and what angle you would use to motivate your
organisation into action.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: