Maintaining Academic Integrity by Avoiding Plagiarism Essay
Maintaining Academic Integrity by Avoiding Plagiarism Essay assignment
• Do not use direct quotes.
• Understand that academic writing is about putting forth scholarly opinions in your own words. Provide proof of those opinions by paraphrasing and synthesizing material from scholarly research and professional experts. Throughout the program, focus on synthesizing more than paraphrasing so by graduation you will be at the point where you can collect all pertinent sources of evidence, read and think about the material, and then synthesize those readings into your own words. This process does not include the use of direct quotes. Maintaining Academic Integrity by Avoiding Plagiarism Essay.
• Give credit to someone else’s ideas and writings by citing and referencing in APA style.
• Upload all of your assignments to Safe Assign Drafts prior to submitting them for grading.
ORDER A CUSTOM-WRITTEN, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER NOW
1. Read the Writing Center’s section on Plagiarism found at http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ASCsuccess/ASCplagiarism
2. The Writing Center has developed a Plagiarism Checklist to assist students in double-checking their work and scholarship practices to avoid plagiarism. Download the plagiarism checklist below and use it for each assignment to establish good academic integrity practices! Maintaining Academic Integrity by Avoiding Plagiarism Essay.http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ASCsuccess/ASCplagiarismchecklist
3. Read the Writing Center’s section on Paraphrasing and watch the video on Paraphrasing found at http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/evidence/paraphrase/effective
4. Read the Writing Center’s section on Synthesizing and watch the video on Synthesizing found at http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/evidence/synthesis Maintaining Academic Integrity by Avoiding Plagiarism Essay.
In this Assignment, a) describe how you will avoid plagiarism in your submitted assignments; and b) discuss how paraphrasing and synthesizing professional literature strengthens your future nurse scholar-practitioner practice.
Describe how you will avoid plagiarism in your submitted assignments
Plagiarism refers to a situation in which a writer does not acknowledge source of information. In this case, lack of acknowledgement comes from either failing to cite the source of the information, incorrectly paraphrasing the information, or directly copying the information using the same phrases as the source of information. For that matter, academic writing requires the writer to credit all sources of information, indicate when ideas are supported by sources, and direct readers to the sources of information through an accurate reference list (Walden University, 2018). To avoid plagiarism, there are six strategies that writers can apply. The first strategy involves creating a reference page that includes all the cited sources of information and how they can be accessed. The second strategy involves citing all the sources of information. The third strategy is to cite every paraphrased quotation. The fourth strategy is to quote information as presented in the source. The fifth strategy is to use the correct formatting guidelines, such as MLA and APA. Maintaining Academic Integrity by Avoiding Plagiarism Essay. The final strategy is to paraphrase the information (Wilson & Glazier, 2018). The discussed strategies are expected to help writers in avoiding plagiarism.
Discuss how paraphrasing and synthesizing professional literature strengthens your future nurse scholar-practitioner practice
Paraphrasing and synthesizing professional information is an important skill for any future nurse scholar and practitioner. That is because it helps the nurse to understand what the original source of information communication. In addition, it helps the nurse much the source to the purpose for which the information is collected. For instance, information can be presented to criticize or support a point. Besides that, it helps the writer to distinguish between the main and subsidiary information even as extraneous information and details are eliminated (Wilson & Glazier, 2018). As such, paraphrasing and synthesizing information strengths future nursing practice through helping in distinguishing between main and subsidiary information when a lot of information is presented. Maintaining Academic Integrity by Avoiding Plagiarism Essay.
Walden University (2018). ASC success strategies: plagiarism. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ASCsuccess/ASCplagiarism
Wilson, P. & Glazier, T. (2018). The least you should know about English: writing skills (13th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning. Maintaining Academic Integrity by Avoiding Plagiarism Essay.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: