JWI 556 Leading Change by Putting People First
Read the case A Cultural Transformation at Southeastern Grocers. You will likely need to read the case several times and make notes. All yourself adequate time for this.
Assume the role of chief people officer at Southeastern Grocers (SEG). Create a plan for a change initiative at SEG. Do not focus on sustaining the changes the company has already undergone. Instead, determine what other change(s) SEG needs to make in addition to those mentioned in the case. Your change initiative must be feasible, concrete, and HR-centric. Consider focusing on one particular workforce topic (e.g., diversity and inclusion, trust in company leadership, attracting new talent) in which HR can lead a significant change. Your plan should contain both an executive business brief and a change vision video:
(1) Executive Business Brief
Write a 2-3-page brief that identifies a necessary organizational change. Think of this brief as a summary document to be shared with SEG’s senior leadership. Your brief must address the following prompts:
a. How would you describe SEG’s company culture?
b. Describe your change initiative. Why is it necessary?
c. Explain your change plan:
i. What is your change vision? How do you define it?
ii. Is there a sense of urgency? How will you generate it?
iii. How will you create a guiding coalition of key stakeholders and early adopters?
iv. How will you communicate your change vision to SEG employees?
v. What are the potential risks of your change initiative?
vi. How will you determine whether the change initiative is successful?
(2) Change Vision Video
Using Zoom, create a 2-3-minute video that compellingly presents your change vision. Think of this video as a pitch to SEG employees. You need their buy-in for your initiative to accomplish anything; you have to generate excitement. Your main points should be simple and memorable, and you should convey an appropriate amount of urgency. Make sure you answer the following questions in your video:
a. What is the change you are implementing?
b. Why is this change important and necessary for SEG?
c. How will the company benefit?
Professional Formatting and Submission Requirements for Executive Business Brief:
• Typed, double-spaced, professional font (size 10-12), including headings and subheadings (to identify main topics and subtopics), with one-inch margins on all sides.
• Use headings to identify each of the assigned prompts. Separate paragraphs by a single space.
• References must be included and provide appropriate information that enables the reader to locate the original source. Application of course materials and resources is expected, and additional research is welcome.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
• The length is 2-3 pages, excluding your cover page and reference list. You may exceed 3 pages, but be sure that what you write adds value to your submission and is not redundant. Professional Formatting and Submission Requirements for Change Vision Video:
• Upload your video in .mp4 format. Include your first and last name in the filename.
• This should be a video of just you. No PowerPoint slides or props are needed.
• The length is 2-3 minutes.
Rubric: Assignment 4
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: