1. To what extent, if any, are line managers important to delivering HRM objectives? In answering your question, draw on a range of examples and contemporary debates regarding HRM service delivery.
2. “Decisions regarding the selection of an optimal configuration of HRM policies and practice are largely determined by the economic and wider context in which organisations operate”. Critically evaluate this statement drawing on contingency or ‘best fit’ perspectives to human resource management.
3. “Effective reward management systems are fair reward management systems.” Critically evaluate this statement, discussing issues of internal and external equity.
4. To what extent, if any, can employee involvement and participation positively impact on organisational outcomes? Draw upon a wide range of potential practices and examples to illustrate your answer.
5. Explain briefly what Ritzer refers to as ‘McDonaldization’ and assess the extent to which it applies as a model of organisation used in business across industrial sectors.
6. Compare and contrast contingency theory and strategic choice perspectives on what makes for an appropriate and successful organisational structure.
7. Critically examine why it can be so difficult to change organizational culture. Use examples from your own experience to illustrate and refer in your answer to different perspectives on culture.
8. Examine the influence that social and cultural factors can have upon any attempt at planned organisational change. Using change management models and examples to illustrate, examine how these factors can be harnessed in support of the change management effort.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: