HR7241 Professional Development
You will write an 1800 words reflective account of your Career development / management plan that reflects on learning events that occurred to you in the work place or as part of your postgraduate studies that contributes to your career development. You should address all of the following points in your reflective report:
1. Identify the job role which you aspire to achieve and explain its job description. If you are not working, choose a key role of another individual in any organization. (Include in appendix)
2. Reflect on the key person specification & skills requirements of the job role.
3. Analyse your strengths and areas you would like to improve. To what extent does it matter if you are weak in some areas? How might you improve your weaker areas? A SWOT analysis can be used.
4. Develop and structure a Personal Development Plan (in a table or chart form) to cover the gaps in your role and expected role by your management.
5. Reflect on how you would address your weaknesses and leverage on your strengths to position yourself for future career opportunities.
By continually reflecting on your development areas and seeking to actively learn from experiences, you will develop as a HR or people management professional.
This assessment will support you in;
• Being clearly aware and acting upon your own strengths and weaknesses, as a manager and colleague
• Developing and improving a range of pivotal skills for management and leadership
• Be able to self-manage and assess your current skills and competencies and areas you need to develop for the future
Key points to consider when completing this assessment:
1. The learning event you choose to reflect on will be personal to you. Discuss potential topics with the module leader.
2. You should reflect on the relevant skills & competencies / learning outcomes when completing this assessment.
3. In your report reflect on the strategic contribution/added value that you can make to an organization through developing your core competency set.
4. Your report should be grounded in any relevant academic theory and literature that you explore on the module. The expectation is you should critically assess this literature when applying it to your learning experiences.
Objectives of the Assignment
Specifically, this assessment will assess the following learning outcomes for the module (see the module guide for more details):
1. Demonstrate the effective application and enhancement of knowledge and intellectual skills gained on the programme.
2. Plan, design and monitor an individual piece of research with emphasis on a given research question, problem area or project definition.
3. Demonstrate the ability to effectively analyse problems and issues employing a range of appropriate concepts, theories and approaches.
4. Devise a timetable and manage time to completion.
5. Undertake a critical audit of your skills and capabilities for your professional career & identify the key areas requiring improvement.
6. Develop a coherent strategy for closing these ‘skills/capabilities gap.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: