Global Journal of Research in Business & Management
1. Discuss the legal issues involved in the Volkswagen (VW) emissions scandal, for example, under federal and state consumer protection and deceptive advertising statutes, the common law torts of fraud and strict liability for defective products, and the government”s power to recall vehicles.
2. Did VW act morally pursuant to the ethical theories of Utilitarianism and Kantian ethics? Why or why not?
3. How should VW as an Ethically Egoistic company respond to this scandal?
4. What should VW as a socially responsible and sustainable company now be doing in the aftermath of this crisis?
5. How could VW”s corporate culture devolve into a culture of tolerance for rule-breaking?
6. What can the company do to change the corporate culture to one of respect for the law and ethics?
7. How does a company go about “policing” its own corporate culture?
8. How does a company get its reputation back after such a major scandal and breach of trust?
9. Can Auto Nation or any other car dealership be held legally liable for the intentional fraud committed by VW? Why or why not?
10. Assuming that Auto Nation or any other car dealership can be held liable, is it moral to do so? Why or why not?
11. Discuss the legal issues involved in the U.S. v. Volkswagen lawsuit and how they should be resolved. What challenges would confront the government in bringing criminal charges against the company and its personnel? Also discuss the consumers” lawsuits against VW pursuant to the tort of fraud as well as products liability law.
12. How does a corporation such as VW reestablish a reputation for integrity after such a scandal and its concomitant lawsuits?
13. As a socially responsible and sustainable company, how should VW respond to this scandal? Provide examples of actions that will help the company restore its reputation.
14. What should other companies learn from VW”s “mistakes”? What should managers and employees take away from the VW”s scandal?
15. Is it ever possible to get one”s “good reputation” back after a scandal of such major proportions? Why or why not?
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: