Exercise Physiology Essay Questions
Exercise Physiology Essay Questions
1. A series of electrical stimuli in rapid succession can elicit more force production than a single electrical stimulus; this additive effect of high-frequency stimulation is called _____________.
2. ___________ is the neurotransmitter used to pass an action potential from nerve to muscle.
3. Regardless of training history, the soleus muscle consists of mostly type ____ fibers.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
4. The theory that states that muscle fibers contract when thick and thin filaments slide past each other is called the _________________ theory.
5. Type _____ fibers are typically engaged during short, higher-intensity exercise that involves some degree of endurance. Exercise Physiology Essay Questions.
6. Type ______ fibers are not very easily stimulated by the nervous system, meaning that they typically are not engaged until all other fiber types have been stimulated first.
7. Type _____ fibers are seldom engaged on a regular basis but are critical for high-power, explosive activities, such as sprinting.
8. The sarcomere length at which the overlap of thick and thin filaments is optimal is the definition of ____________________.
9. A solitary contractile response to a single electrical stimulus is called a(n) _________. Exercise Physiology Essay Questions.
10. In a(n) _____________ type of muscle action, faster contraction/lengthening allows the muscle to develop maximal force production.
11. Type _____ fibers are usually engaged for long periods of low-impact aerobic exercise.
12. The alternating light and dark regions of thick and thin filaments on a muscle fiber are called ______________.
13. The series of events that begins with excitation of a motor nerve and results in muscle contraction is called _____________________.
14. The _____________ (a specific region of a myosin molecule) is the only part of the molecule that will interact with actin to create a cross-bridge.
15. An α-motor neuron and all the muscle fibers it innervates are collectively called a(n) ___________.
16. ______________ is the oxygen-binding molecule associated with skeletal muscle.
17. All chemical reactions in the body are collectively termed _______________.
18. ___________________ is the rate-limiting enzyme for the glycolytic pathway.
19. The enzyme that is critical in determining the rate of energy production through a given metabolic pathway is called the ___________________ enzyme.
20. All ingested carbohydrates are eventually converted into this simple 6-carbon sugar: _______. Exercise Physiology Essay Questions.
21. Molecules whose names end in -ase belong to this family of molecules: __________.
22. Glucose is stored as __________ in the liver and muscles.
23. The general term for the breakdown of chemical compounds is ______________.
24. The measure of a muscle’s total ability to utilize oxygen is called its _________________.
25. The process of converting protein into fatty acids is called ____________.
26. The breakdown of glucose is called _____________.
27. When ATP is produced using oxygen, the process is called ____________________.
28. The influence of substrate availability on the rate of substrate metabolism is called the _________________.
29. Type _____ muscle fibers have a greater capacity for aerobic activity.
30. The high-energy phosphate molecule used by the body for almost all metabolic activity is _____.
31. The process of converting substrates into energy is called ____________.
32. In the absence of oxygen, for every molecule of glucose that enters glycolysis, ____ ATP will be produced. Exercise Physiology Essay Questions.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: