ENG1004 Engineering Problem Solving Principles
1. You are required to answer both (a) and (b) below.
a) List and briefly describe (in 1-2 sentences each) the five stages of the engineering problem solving process (cycle) or ‘engineering method’ that was presented in this course.
b) You have been asked to develop an affordable drinking water filtration / purification system for developing countries. Describe this engineering problem. In your description you should;
• Characterise this problem.
• Identify additional details and questions that will need to be answered to develop a solution.
• Indicate what information, data or background research may be required to develop a solution.
2. Explain the process of ‘systems thinking’ and its role in engineering problem solving.
3. This question is on teamwork and you are required to answer both (a) and (b) below.
a) Explain the importance of teamwork in engineering problem solving. You should refer to the course material and text, and any other resources to support your response.
b) Reflect on your own teamwork in this course and other teamwork experiences that you have had. Discuss a strategy that you will use to improve the performance of your team in your future courses and chosen profession (using a reflective writing style – retell, relate and reflect).
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: