Effectiveness of Performance Related Pay
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Performance Related Pay
1. Research and identify the advantages and disadvantages of performance related pay from both theoretical and practical perspectives.
2. Identify a performance related pay scheme in your organisation or an organisation with which you are familiar and clearly identify its aims and objectives.
3. Arrange a semi-structured interview with one or more managers responsible for the scheme and three employees rewarded by the scheme. Then ask both managers and employees the following questions.
o (adapted from Armstrong, 2002):
2. How is good and poor performance measured and/or identified?
3. Have the causes of good and poor performance been established?
4. How is performance rewarded (both positive and negative)?
5. Is the way in which performance is rewarded fair?
6. Are there any inconsistencies in the way performance is rewarded?
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: