Effective Learning & Development
Choose a module you did throughout the past year and think about the assignment you completed in that module. You must then complete the following: Chose – Legal aspect of business assignment was about Tort law – essay style problem question.
1. Describe the process you used to find resources in this module. Explain how you decided to choose one source rather than another one
2. How did you know the sources you chose were good?What should you look for to identify if a source of information is reliable or not? [Answer in the video. Discuss the approach you took and suggest how you could improve.
3. Read and Reflect on the feedback from this assignment and the references you used and comment on how you could improve for next year.
You should do some extra reading on how to do research, there are some articles on Moodle in a folder called ‘interesting articles on researching sources’.
Choose a questionniare on Moodle [VAK or Felder-Solomon } complete it , read the commentray on your own learning style and then complete the following:
1. Self-reflection, discuss your own strengths and weaknesses as a learner. You could also write something here on learning styles in general.
2. The strategies you are putting in place or have put in place, to become a more effective learner. Give examples. Use the results of the questionnaires to support your work.
You could add a mind map here of your learning style and how you have used this information to improve your learning throughout the year.
Complete the Belbin –test on moodle and then answer the following questions:
1. Find your own role based on the questionnaire and write a reflective piece on what you think of this result. Does it reflect yourself as you expected? Did you find group work helped you this year to become a better learner?
2. Read the article ‘ why teams don’t work Harvard Business Review and write a commentary on what you think of this. Remember to reference correctly throughout.
Choose your favoutite module from last year and answer the following questions:
Chose Macroeconomics – because of lecturer using charts, printouts and power point presentations.
1. How did you feel your engagement with your studies changed as you progressed through this module.
2. Did you feel the teaching style suited you?
3. Did you feel you became a deeper learner as a result of spending a year in college studying this subject. A a ‘yes’ /’no’ answer here will get no marks please do some reading on what ‘deep’ learning is and then put together a piece of work which reads well and is backed up with research.
4. Looking back on your first year is there any advice you would give to next year’s students and lecturers which you would have found helpful yourself ?
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: