COMU 3200 Community Practice Working with Aboriginal Communities
Demonstrate an understanding of background historical and geographical knowledge of Indigenous peoples in Canada, as well as basic awareness of current issues and movements in the political, environmental, legal and social-health areas.
Identify and analyze the richness and diversity of Indigenous peoples of Canada, including similarities and differences of language, beliefs, and practices; and practical and cultural contributions to mainstream society.
Critically discuss implications for working with Indigenous families in the community
Research Paper Topics:
1. Community development projects in Indigenous communities (Select a specific Indigenous community)
2. The effects of the Indian Residential School System on Indigenous people (choose three effects).
3. Analysis of Provincial Child Welfare approaches (i.e. Toronto CAS) in comparison to Indigenous Child Welfare approaches (i.e. Native Child and Family Services) (Select specific Canadian Child Welfare agencies)
4. Three best practices in suicide prevention or intervention- choose only one.
5. Restorative justice and three impacts on Indigenous communities.
6. Gang violence in Indigenous communities (pathways to gang entry OR gang exit strategies OR prevention of gang entry)-choose only one.
7. Youth engagement in Indigenous communities (Select a specific Indigenous community)
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: