CBE 4030 Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
The coursework will assess the students’ ability to critically analyse the components of an effective safety management system and the students’ ability to define the strengths and short-falls of the safety management components related to the casestudy discussed including thorough and effective analysis of the case study and clear conclusions.
Research, Knowledge and Cognitive Skills
Demonstrate a critical understanding of management Systems adopted by Oil and Gas related organisations in dealing with quality, safety, Health and Environment.
3. Demonstrate a comprehensive and critical understanding of the mechanisms, tools and resources available to deliver management Systems in quality, safety, Health and Environment.
4. Integrate and synthesise knowledge and data within the field of the Oil and Gas industry in order to critically assess relative QHSE performance. Professional Skills
5. Act autonomously in defining the need for improvement solutions relating to the performance of QHSE in the Oil and Gas Industry and recommending implementation options.
Using an oil, gas and processing industry major safety incident(s) as a case-study the student is required to give a poster or power point presentation describing, assessing and critically analysing components of the applied safety management system, and in so doing define the apparent strengths and short-falls of the safety management system and component parts as related to the case-study chosen.to demonstrate how a a modified safety management system (SMS) or a fresh SMS proposal can provide a sustainable solution.
• The report should critically appraise the adopted safety management system by the company and include lessons learned from the incidents, improvements and remedies identified and implemented, either in the company and/or across the industry as a direct result of the incident.
• A poster or a power point presentation with well researched and written abstract should be submitted through Turnitin UK to the Blackboard ultra by the date indicated above. Assessment criteria:
• Effective communication and demonstration of critical understanding of the major issues
pertaining to the safety management system (25%)
• Analysis of the effective implementation of the safety management system adopted by the company for the case study selected (30%)
• Good abstract, clear formatting, presentation of information and proper referencing (15%
• Balanced and clear representation of the facts and issues involved, identification of areas for improvement in both the safety management system and how it was deployed. (30%)
• All posters/ power point should have an abstract, outline, main body, conclusion and
• The grading of the poster or power point presentation will be based on poster/slides organisation, writing quality, strong analysis and argument and relevant literature review, quality of tables and figures in presentation of information.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: