CA4052 Airport Management
1. LO1 Assess the features of airport design that facilitate the seamless operation of airline operations and public access.
2. LO2 Evaluate the business abilities of airports globally in terms of business orientation and business practices.
3. LO3 Explain various ways in which airlines can improve their operational performance
Evaluate an airports Master Plan for a proposed new development (agree the airport with the module leader)
1. Define the key features of the proposed airport development (for example a new runway)
2. Evaluate how these features will help the development of the operational performance of the airport
3. Assess how these developments will aid the commercial development of the airport
4. Evaluate the overall benefits of the plans and the potential dis-benefits from all stakeholder’s perspective
How your work is going to be assessed
This is a report format of 1,500 words. Your work will be assessed by the extent to which it demonstrates your achievement of the stated learning outcome for this assignment by incorporating the following marking criteria.
25%- Section (a)
You are required to find the Master Plan for an airport and determine how this Master Plan proposes to improve the airport with additional infrastructure. You need to outline the nature of the infrastructure and provide a useful summary of the key features. So for example, a new runway normally requires additional facilities to be developed to handle more passengers within the terminal or possibly a new terminal building.
25%- Section (b)
You are required to summarise how these features will assist the operational performance of the airport so for example, how many additional flights the airport can handle because of building a new runway.
25%- Section (c)
You are required to highlight how the airport may be able to gain commercially from these developments. So for example, new passenger’s numbers represent a substantial source of new commercial revenue for the airport from activities such as car parking and duty free sales etc.
25%- Section (d)
Finally, you are required to summarise who benefits from this development from a stakeholder perspective and who may dis-benefit etc. So, for example, the local economy may well get a boost, and this is positive for employment and jobs but there will be higher potential noise and air pollution as a result affecting local residents.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: