Imagine you are J. K. Rowling. You have written some very famous best seller books. You are famous, popular and rich. But you are tired of your life style. You have recently decided to travel to New Zealand and start a new life as a journalist.
How to write this CV?
• First visit J. K. Rowling’s Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._K._Rowling)
• Read about her life and career
• Try to figure out her personality type, her skills, interests, …
• Then review the ad on page 4
• Try to write a CV (as if you are J. K. Rowling and you are applying for the job on page 4)
Do not forget:
• Your CV should be brief (Minimum 2 pages).
• Use fake (imaginary) contact details!
• Your career statements should be relevant, concise, focused, emphatic!
• Write a short and sweet career goal.
• When writing the “summary of relevant skills” look at the job advert on page 4, pick out the qualities the employer cares about. Then, think about why J. K. Rowling is a perfect person for this job. Do not copy information from Wikipedia page, try your best to paraphrase information. Copying information is a serious offence at EDENZ Colleges.
• Your summary section should be a bulleted list of several points that grab the employer’s
• Write a brief work history section.
• Write a brief education section.
• Write a hobbies and interests section (they can be imaginary but try to match them to
employer’s desired personality traits.
• Use clear font and keep the font size standard (12 for body, 14 for headlines).
• Check your grammar and spelling.
• It is professional CV. Use academic words (You may also want to check the phrase bank for CV writing on Moodle).
• Be creative but sage in presenting the information.
• Referencing is not needed but your assignments will be checked for originality. Please paraphrase information.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: