Business Risk Assessment
Learner assessment guide and evidence
This assessment requires you to:
• Complete a risk assessment.
• Implement and monitor adherence to workplace health and safety procedures.
• Coordinate consultative processes.
• Coordinate WHS training and the maintenance of records.
• Demonstrate management practices that must be implemented for compliance with WHS.
You are required to do the following.
• Complete the tasks.
• Organise a team meeting on WHS procedures.
• Answer all the questions.
Task 1:Complete a risk assessment
• You are required to complete a risk assessment in your workplace or a simulated workplace.
• You are required to identify risks in the workplace related to the following situations:
• Evacuation of staff and customers.
• Security management of cash, documents, equipment, keys or people.
• Handling chemicals and hazardous substances.
• Workplace accidents.
• Hazard identification and reporting.
• You are then required to complete a risk assessment matrix based on these risks to assess the risks from most important to least important to address.
• Go to your ‘Course files’ and open Assessment D_Risk Assessment template.
• Save the template locally to your computer and complete the risk assessment template.
• Place the risks you identified on the risk assessment matrix and prioritise at least three of these in order from most important to least important to address.
• Save and submit your template to your assessor when completed
Task 2: Question and answer
Q1: What tasks do you complete when organising a risk assessment?
Q2: What steps are involved in a risk assessment according to your organisation’s procedures?
Q3: Who is involved in a risk assessment in your organisation?
Q4: Explain any new preventative measures that you would implement for the three areas you identified in your risk assessment
Task 3:Action plan
• You are to create threenew workplace health and safety procedures based on the risk assessment you completed in Task 1.
• These need to be related to:
• evacuation of staff and customers
• security management of cash, documents, equipment, keys or people
• handling chemicals and hazardous substances
• workplace accidents.
• hazard identification and reporting.
• You need to complete an action plan for the three new WHS procedures.
• You need to include information about:
• the new procedure.
• who is responsible for implementation
• areas and team members involved
• timeframe for roll-out of new procedures
• any training to educate team members on the new procedures
• whenthe new procedures will be reviewed for effectiveness.
• Go to your ‘Course files’ and open Assessment D_Action plan template.
• Save the template locally to your computer and complete the action plan for the new WHS procedures you are implementing in your workplace.
• Save and submit your template to your assessor when completed.
Task 4: Communicate new procedures
• You are to run a team meeting outlining the three new procedures you identified in Task 3.
• You will organise a suitable time for the meeting with your assessor and your team members.
• During the meeting you must include the following.
• Explanation of new WHS procedures.
• Any changes to WHS policies as a result of this.
• Any changes to hazard identification, risk assessment or reporting.
• Ask for input from team members about the new WHS procedures.
• Outline how the team’s ideas can be applied to the new WHS procedures.
• Outline when and how the new procedures will be rolled out to all team members.
• Explanation of how the new procedures comply with WHS legislation or hospitality industry safety codes of practice/standards.
• Explanation of where documents of the new procedures can be accessed.
• Explanation of any training that will be provided to team members.
• You need to organise a meeting agenda and meeting invitations (as required in your organisation).
• You need to use appropriate tools and documentation during the meeting, for example, a PowerPoint presentation, technological equipment (laptop, projector, etc.), handouts.
• Copies of the agenda, PowerPoint presentations and handouts are to be given to the assessor prior to the meeting.
• Conduct your team meeting.
• Your assessor will use the provided checklist to assess your performance during the meeting.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: