You are part of the management team in your organisation (Go Adventuring). At a recent meeting, you shared an interesting management article (to be given to you in Week 3, Tutorial 2) that you have read from a current issue of a business source. Your Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is interested in hearing more about the implications of the management issue in the article, particularly with respect to how it will impact on your organisation.
Your task for Assessment 1 is to write up a 500 word Business Brief for your organisation. The article given to you is just an example of the issue and should be used as a stimulus for further investigation of it. That means you should research further on the management issue in the article and locate other relevant sources on the same management issue that you will be evaluating. You have to first summarise the key points about the management issue and then think about what these key points mean for your organisation.
Keep in mind:
This Business Brief has to look professional. You are required to source the supporting evidences from textbook, academic journals, business magazines and newspapers and also to take into account the nature of your business (good or service) while writing the brief.
Instructions for Formatting:
You are required to adhere to the below formatting instructions when writing your Business Brief:
• Use headings and sub headings (see structure on the blackboard)
• 12 font, 1.5 spacing (Times New Roman or Arial)
• Write in formal language. Avoid first and second person pronouns (I, she, and he). Use the 3rd person – “It is suggested…” – to create a sense of emotional detachment and impartiality.
• Ensure that you use non-discriminatory, inclusive language
• Number all pages and headings
• Ensure that the in-text references and the reference list at the end of the business brief matches and use the APA Referencing Style (This can be found at:
• The word limit is 500 words – 10% over/under the limit is acceptable. All words (excluding the cover page AND reference list) are included in the word count. This means that sub-headings, numbering, tables, bullets, quotations and anything else in the text of the brief are included in the word count. Business briefs that do not include a word count on the personal cover page will be assumed to be over the limit and receive a 10% penalty.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: