BUSI2019 Managing and Marketing Tourism
1. Choose a destination that you consider to have been affected by “overtourism”, and justify this choice. Outline the main causes for, and consequences of, overtourism for this destination. Discuss relevant destination management and marketing tools and techniques that could be used to help overcome the problems of overtourism in this destination.
2. “Travellers today are not only more engaged in sustainable practices and environmental advocacy, but they are looking for transformative experiences in their holidays that align with their ideals of wellness and sustainability”. Critically discuss this statement in the context of trends in tourist consumer demand and behaviour and the international tourism industry.
3. Choose one of the following sectors of the tourism industry: transport, accommodation, tour operations, travel agencies. Then select a specific company (or social enterprise or charity) operating in that sector. Evaluate how this organisation attempts to offer a unique and memorable experience to its customers, drawing on an analysis of its service offering, marketing materials and published strategies. Relate your answer to theories of experience, experience design and service management and marketing. You should NOT contact the organisation or carry out primary research.
4. Discuss the extent that responsible tourism can be a reality. Your answer should focus on a specific visitor site or attraction, and critically assess whether tourist behaviour could be considered responsible. Your answer should consider responsible consumption, and also the management and marketing strategies of the site/attraction.
5. Collective memory forms an intrinsic part of intangible cultural heritage. While collective memory is important to local residents, how do destination marketers make collective memory relevant to visitors who may have no knowledge of the place? Discuss the challenge of balancing socio-cultural sustainability within the experience economy and analyse the marketing tools and techniques that can be used to communicate collective memory.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: