BSM160 Personal and Research Skills for Professionals
There is one assessment for this module comprising two parts which together cover all learning outcomes. All elements should be submitted together as one document to the designated dropbox in Campus Moodle by the submission deadline.
1. An Annotated Bibliography of 2000 words +/- 10%, 60% weighting
2. A CPD Portfolio extract, 40% weighting
Part 1. Annotated Bibliography – 60% weighting Select one of the taught themes from the list.
• Decision Making
• Wellbeing and mindfulness
• Creativity and problem solving
• Commercial awareness
You are required to conduct an annotated bibliography on the selected theme.
What is an Annotated Bibliography?
An annotated bibliography is a written account of the personal research that has been conducted on a certain topic. It is a selection of sources (journal articles, books, websites etc.) that have been summarised and critically evaluated to highlight specific information that is key to the research. For the purposes of this assignment you should choose two peer reviewed journal articles that present different arguments and for each produce an analysis of around 650 words. We recommend that you use the annotated bibliography data collection form to capture key information.
With the remaining 700 words, please compare and contrast both articles, logically concluding with development of your own, informed argument
Please note that while you are distilling the information from, and comparing and contrasting two journals, this is an academic work and should be supported with additional secondary sources where appropriate
Part 2. The CPD Portfolio extract – 40% weighting
You are required to submit a CPD portfolio extract that demonstrates where you are now regarding key skills and abilities, and how you plan to achieve future goals. Please include the following.
• Your CV (as at the start of your course of study).
• A completed, where am I now? analysis (from the start of the module), concluding with a short summary of your perceived strengths and weaknesses at that time.
• In no more than 200 words, produce a statement of where you would like to be in be in your career in 3 years from now.
• A Development Plan, prioritising and developing your perceived weaknesses with the aim of achieving your stated career goal.
• A 1500-word reflective essay.
The essay should be based on 3 pieces of evidence you have selected from your CPD portfolio developed during the module. Think about a time, event or incident where you were able to demonstrate this competence. Your experience may or may not have been positive but reflect deeply on these incidents and acknowledge any learning that resulted. To complete this task, please select one piece of evidence covering each of the following.
Please note that some elements of your CPD portfolio extract can be drawn or adapted from the CPD Portfolio you developed for Topic 2: CPD.
To assess all learning outcomes
Coursework Learning Outcomes:
1. To manage more effectively in the context of professional and educational environments.
2. Demonstrate competence in lifelong learning skills and development planning.
3. Demonstrate competence in post-graduate study
4. Critically analyse and discuss existing literature relevant to the professional area.
5. Compare and contrast the relative merits of different research methods and their relevance to different situations
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: