BM631 Research Methods
Produce a research proposal including methodology design and justification of research approach. Your research proposal must include the following elements:
-Title – derives from the aim of your research and contains key concepts
-Rationale – explain why you have chosen this topic and briefly summarise the existing literature on the topic
-Aim of your research-In one sentence explain what you intend to find out. (ideally you will have one aim only)
-Objectives of your research -Objectives should have a strong logical connection with the aim and they should point to the data you need.
-Explain what approach to research you intend to use and why (making reference to research methods manuals)
-Explain what design you intend to use and why (making reference to research methods manuals)
-Methods-explain what method(s) of research you intend to use and why. (making reference to research methods manuals)
-Participants-explain who your participants will be the sampling method (sample size and the size of the population). For qualitative research explain what criteria you will be using to select your participants.
-Validity and reliability
-Explain what measures you will be taking to enhance the validity and reliability of your research. (If a qualitative approach is employed you need to explain what measures you will be taking to ensure the credibility and trustworthiness of your research including a short explanation on reflexivity.
-Data analysis-explain briefly how you intend to analyse your data.
This assignment has been designed to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your achievement of the following module learning outcomes:
LO 1- Engage in identifying a relevant topic appropriate to the student’s area of study from which a suitable research project can be developed.
LO2 – Demonstrate an understanding of how to conduct a literature review including searching for, and critically engaging with, the ideas of contributing authors to the particular topic.
LO3 – Critically evaluate and design a range of research methods and appropriate research techniques for the collection and analysis of data using quantitative, qualitative or joint methods in order to address the research aim, question and objectives
LO4 – Demonstrate transferable skills including time management, project management, listening, negotiation, written communication skills, independent learning and advanced research skills
• Please read this carefully and comply fully:
• Follow the course guidelines regarding submitting work, as below (e.g. electronic or paper copies).
• Pages should be numbered.
• All work to be submitted as Arial 12 font with 1.5 line spacing.
• All writing should be in the third person passive.
• Written work must be word-processed
The module title and code number must be clearly marked on the front cover.
• Work you submit for assessment must be properly referenced.
• You may seek clarification from the module tutor at any time.
• There is no excuse for failing to submit your work in accordance with the guidance, work that does not meet the necessary standards in that respect will be marked accordingly.
• No collaboration is allowed.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: