BCOM 105 Business Communications
You will be writing a business report that will be five pages (approx. 1250 words). As this is a research report, you will need to use five separate sources. At least one of the sources that you use needs to be a peer reviewed journal article or a trade magazine. Use a variety of sources (journal articles, trade magazines, webpages or websites, a chapter in a book etc.). Avoid sources that are written for the general public such as newspaper articles or Wikipedia entries.
You can choose from the following topics:
1. Assess a new technology in your field. For example, you could compare three new technologies used in your field and recommend one.
2. Assess an aspect of the current trend of working from home. For example, you could discuss the new skills that a manager needs to work effectively from home, or you could discuss strategies for running virtual meetings.
Follow these steps to complete your assignment:
1. Choose a topic for your research report and draft a purpose statement.
2. Look for information to support your report’s purpose. You will need five sourcesfor this assignment and at least one of the sources must be a journal article or trade magazine.
3. Read through your sources and take notes.
4. Begin a draft of your research report. Remember to include your sources and use in-text citations for paraphrases/summaries and direct quotations. Do not overuse direct quotations. The majority of the information in the report should be paraphrased.
5. Follow the outline for a research report to help you organize the information.
6. Ensure that all the information is properly cited in the report. Use APA 7 format.
This is a Turnitin enabled assignment, so review your report before your final submission.
7. Include a title page, page numbers and headings for your report. Follow the APA formatting guidelines discussed in class.
8. Write a draft of your report.
9. Include at least one visual in your report and properly integrate the visual into the body of your report. Review the information in Module 18.
10. Create a References page at the end of your report for the sources used in the report.
11. Revise, edit, and proofread your report.
12. Review the marking rubric before you submit your assignment.
13. Submit your assignment by Thursday, Dec. 9 (11:59 p.m.). This assignment is worth 30% of your final mark.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: