Australian IR System
Part A (2 x powerpoint slides) (6 marks)
Prepare an infographic that depicts the following:
– The rights of s457 visa holders in the Australian IR system
– The rights of student visa holders in the Australian IR system. (References required at the foot of slide 2.)
Part B (Powerpoint presentation of up to 8 slides, well presented (see below for further explanation) (14 marks)
Discuss the current debate relating to the engagement of visa holders in Australia, in context of the narrative on ‘jobs for Australians’. Questions to address here include, but are not limited to, the following:
– How does the nature of the employment relationship, as explained in Topic 1, apply to visa holders; what are the limitations, if any, of the duality between market and employment relationship when applied to visa holders (References not essential.);
– Who are the stakeholders in rule-making in the case of visa holders; what is the nature of the rules that apply to visa holders as employees (References not essential.);
– How does employment relations theory and values frameworks help us to make sense of the current debate surrounding the employment of visa holders in Australia. (References needed.)
Completion of the assessment task involves two steps:
(i) Discussion of work-in-progress on your presentation to your peers, as arranged by your lecturer;
(ii) Upload of a powerpoint presentation to Turnitin by the due date shown above.
You are asked to prepare the assessment individually, and present your work-in-progress prior to final submission by the due date shown above. A final powerpoint presentation must upload to Turnitin by the due date.
An example of a simple infographic is provided for you on the interact2 site. This is not a mandatory format. Be creative to the best of your ability.
This assessment task will help you to demonstrate that you have achieved the following learning outcomes in HRM523:
– Be able to critique and appraise ideas and perspectives of other students by creating and sharing information and knowledge in virtual (online moderated) and physical spaces.
– Communicate specialised industrial relations knowledge and ideas to a variety of audiences
– Produce informed, relevant and well-communicated business advice and/or research papers relating to industrial relations issues
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: