Asia Pacific Multinationals
This course focuses on foreign direct investment by Asia Pacific companies in Europe and in their worldwide operations; it looks at the role of Japanese multinationals and at the activities of firms from Korea, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong; and it compares the strategies and organization of Asian international business and other nations.
Students should understand:
• The characteristics and capabilities of Japan’s multinational enterprises generally, including the influence of home and host country factors
• The role of Japanese multinationals in European markets, compared to Asia and North America
• The characteristics and capabilities of Korean MNEs, the influence of home and host country factors, and their activities in Europe and key markets
• The characteristics of MNEs from mainland China, the differing influences of home and host country factors, and their strategic and organizational objectives
• The strategies, organization and capabilities of multinationals from Taiwan and the Asia Pacific generally
• The similarities and differences of MNEs from Asia Pacific nations
• The global strategies of Asian MNEs, and their impact on Europe and host economies
• The forces of economic internationalization and cross-border integration
• Theories of international business and their relation to the practical cases of leading Japanese, Korean and Chinese multinationals.
• The course is based on lectures on Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Taiwanese multinationals, on overviews of FDI from Asia Pacific economies, and on insights from key ideas on multinational strategies and organization
• The lectures are supported by seminars, in which you will be guided on the aims of the course, using theory to explain the corporate and industry cases; discuss home, local and cross-border sources of competitive advantage; compare and understand the cases; and the assignment and the examinations.
• Students are supplied on-line with readings for the lectures and seminars, plus a bibliography, and they are expected to undertake regular study and preparation with resources available, additional readings, and the latest news on individual cases
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: