312MAN Strategy and Change Management
Organisations are increasingly aware of the importance of complex, ever-changing external global forces that significantly impact them. Senior managers, therefore, need to widen their perspective away from the internal functions operations and culture of their business and consider the wider activities of the organisation in order to understand, adapt and maximise such factors. Strategic business management is the decision-making process that links an organisation’s internal functions and capability with the external opportunities and threats it faces. It is a process that involves analysis, planning and action through a wider perspective in order to remain current.
Completion of this assignment will address the following learning outcomes:
Critically explore the theoretical schools of strategic business and change management, with a particular focus on the role of strategy formation and the strategic planning process.
Evaluate and apply conceptual and practical approaches to strategic business and change management in a range of organisational settings.
Critically analyse and apply a range of strategies for managing change and risk at a local, national and international level.
Critically evaluate the role of measurement and management of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in the strategic business planning and change management process.
Title: The Theory behind the Strategy
You are required to write a 2,000 word essay for publication in a student business society journal. This essay is to consider the theoretical approaches contemporary organisations take in order to change and shape their strategic direction. You should relate the theory to examples of business practice in the form of two case study examples, one of which should be the organisation you are employed by. The audience of this essay will be members of the student business society. Your choice of organisations should be agreed with your tutor during tutorial. In this essay you should cover learning outcomes 1, 2, 4 and 5.
Guidance notes and considerations
If you are not able to complete your coursework on time due to extenuating circumstances, the ONLY way to receive an extension (up to 5 working days) or a deferral (anything longer than 5 working days) is to contact a Registry team member located at your specific CU site.
* Extenuating circumstances are defined by CU as ‘genuine circumstances beyond your control or ability to foresee, and which seriously impair your assessed work’.
* Please note that you will need to provide third party evidence to support your reasoning for requiring an extension or deferral.
* Your course tutor is NOT able to approve an extension or a deferral, if you have not completed the official forms and had your request approved your work will count as not submitted and receive a zero mark.
Plagiarism and Malpractice
* You are encouraged to check the originality of your work by using the draft Turnitin links on your Learning Experience Platform.
* Collusion between students (where sections of your work are similar to the work submitted by other students in this or previous module cohorts) is taken extremely seriously and will be reported to the academic conduct panel. This applies to all coursework and exam answers.
* A marked difference between your writing style, knowledge and skill level demonstrated in class discussion, any test conditions and that demonstrated in a coursework assignment may result in you having to undertake a Viva Voce in order to prove the coursework assignment is entirely your own work.
* If you make use of the services of a proof reader in your work you must keep your original version and make it available as a demonstration of your written efforts.
* You must not submit work for assessment that you have already submitted (partially or in full), either for your current course or for another qualification of this university, unless this is specifically provided for in your assignment brief or specific course or module information.
Where earlier work by you is citable, ie. it has already been published/submitted, you must reference it clearly. Identical pieces of work submitted concurrently will also be considered to be self-plagiarism.
There should be a title page which clearly identifies the following;
* Name of the module * Title of the Assessment
* Assessment number * Word count
The word count identified includes quotations, but excludes the bibliography and unless specifically stated, encompasses a discrepancy of + or – 10%.
Our essay writers will gladly help you with: